I am setting up several different views in an Advanced Roadmaps plan to show issues from two out of the 5 projects. Here are the details:
- The hierarchy is Theme, Initiative, Epic, Story, Subtask.
- There are 5 projects in the plan.
- Project 1 has all of the Themes
- Projects 2-5 have Initiatives and below. The Themes are "parents" of the Initiatives and the Initiatives are "parents" of the Epics, using the Parent Link field.
- The product owners need to see one project at a time, rolling up to the overall Themes in Project 1
- The Basic View shows everything correctly rolling up from Subtask to Theme for all 5 projects.
When I set up a project level view I want to see the Themes from Project 1 and the issues from Project 2 only, so in the Filters dropdown I select the two projects I want to see. This results in the issues from Project 1 and 2 showing correctly, but it also shows grayed out issues from Projects 3, 4, and 5.
Since the issues from Projects 3, 4, ad 5 are greyed out I would expect them to be inactive for this particular view, but I can instead interact with them and change them in the plan. For instance issue Project 2-1234 and Project 3-5678 behave exactly the same, even though issue Project 3-5678 is grayed out and excluded from the view's filter.
Is there a way to either prevent the issues from the excluded projects in the view from showing in the plan or to prevent the greyed out issues from being written to in the plan?