We are in the process of setting up our own Bitbucket and JIRA servers. We have already installed our test server environment. We are using SQLServer as the database and are running on linux (Oracle Linux Server release 6.8). The version of Bitbucket we have on test is 4.4.1 (and git is version 2.0.5 on test).JIRA is currently 7.1.0 in test and will be 7.1.9 in prod. I am installing the latest version on our production environment (4.8.1 for Bitbucket and 2.9.1 for git). We have started using the test environment with a limited number of users as production so we need to be able to migrate that to the new environment. What is the best process? Should I first upgrade our test environment to latest, install production and migrate there? Or can I simply install latest versions in prod and migrate data from previous version to the latest version? Or perhaps should I install same (old) versions on prod as currently in test and then upgrade from there?
Thanks!