731e1d2db4ba536bf75a2e91c2b59610.png
This has recently occurred on all new files attached to confluence pages. It has been a short time since Atlassian has added cool views for attached files (aka download button), and now it's broken as shown above.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Confluence version is 5.7.4.
I went to add-ons, System, then located the confluence-view-file-macro and noticed it was disabled. I was able to successfully enable it and saw the following instead of view file macro layout.
897887d78a828e4d3ff7f6b1dfe10680.png
Then I realized that the only not updated plugin is the Universal Plugin Manager itself. Updating it helped me to resolve a problem.
I am not sure whether it will work or not but you can try the following steps
Hi. Thanks for your answer. In my case it is enabled and the problem still exists. There is a thing though. This is not a macro to display word or any office related files. It's actually a new cool feature by Confluence that adds a clickable download link in a form of a square that is now replaced by the above-mentioned error.
Hi Max,
Can you check if the plugin/macro is supported by your Confluence's version? Maybe the macro/plugin it's not up-to-date.
Thanks. As per my own answer below things turned out to be related to updates. I guess when you update one plugin, its best to update all the others.
yes Update all plugin is the right.
I have the same issue... What is the solution?
Thanks in advance!
Howdy, any solutions for this issue since then? We are experiencing this issue with Markdown macro that stops working every now and then. We'd want to somehow handle this.
For now, when Markdown stops working, all the layout that relies on this macro does not render, and our users can't get proper experience with Confluence. We are thinking of checking the status of Markdown macro using some user scripting. Do you think this is possible?
Like so if markdown isn't working, we could return a stub page, and then restart the macro.
Any clues on doing this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.