Hello.
I want to use jira rest api using basic auth.However, if you use jira rest api by issuing api token from the jira software > profile > personal access token menu, you will always get 401 error.
If you look at the guide, they ask you to access https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens for API token issuance.I don't have an Atlassian account, I only have a jira software accountShould I create an Atlassian account separately for jira rest api basic auth? Can't I use an Atlassian account as a jira software account?
Hello, you could create an API token from https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens.
From the REST API client like postman, select Basic auth as authentication method, enter your email used to login into Jira software and then enter the API token created above. This should help. You could also create a new token and check the connection once.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.