Trying to work within the Confluence structure and build an expandable structure. Right now no one knows where information goes. We left it open for a year to see how people would use it and now it needs help. Basic structure is to have Projects, Departments, Applications (these would all be spaces) and then each individual project, department and application would be another space.
The thought is that these spaces would interconnected based upon Categories and labels. Ideally it would be great that when a new project space is created it would populated on the Projects page (Category: Active, Project), Department Page (Category:Dept. Name, Project, Active), Application page (Category:Application name). This same idea with labels within a space which I would hope could be built into a page creation flow.
These ideas are coming forth to make the user experience and organization easier. I have done this with other CMS systems before...even sharepoint. I am hoping that I am missing something with Confluence because the categories appear to be useless beyond a search.