I am running Stash on my private server for evaluation purpose, since I consider to buy it for my private Git projects. Since I really need some kind of issue tracking integrated with Stash (so I can link issues with commits etc.), I gave JIRA a chance to integrate Stash to.
I installed it, set it up and so on... After some collisions with my login-session-tokens I moved stash. The config now is the following:
Stash running on http://my.ip.ad.dr:31004/stash/ (local: localhost:7990)
JIRA running on http://my.id.ad.dr:31005/(local: localhost:8080)
On both Stash and JIRA the public IP address is set as Base URL.
My problem is, that I can't integrate Stash with JIRA (or vice versa). First, I logged in in Stash as Admin, went to Application Links, entered the public IP of my JIRA installation, pressed the button, but Stash couldn't find JIRA. Then I tried the local IP, since both are running on the same server anyway, and finally Stash found the JIRA installation. So I ticked both checkboxes (I want to have the same list of users on both instances), and clicked continue. Then following error occured:
Unable to auto-configure a Consumer as the remote Consumer-Info could not be found.
(I also tried the same procedure in JIRA and tried to link Stash, but it throwed exactly the same exception.)
After some google research, I just found like 3 questions here, where only one of them had some suggestions to fix this problem (though it referred to Confluence). It said that it seems to be some proxy problem, but since both Stash and JIRA are running on the same machine, I don't see a proxy to be the problem. (The server is directly connected to my router at home by the way.)
I really don't know what to do anymore, and would really appreciate any kind of help.
Here is the link to the question I referred to in my question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/230871/error-when-linking-jira-and-confluence
Also, maybe the answers to the questions Renjith V asked may be useful for you:
Couple of questions:
- Are the base urls correctly set in both the instances? => Yes they are, exactly like I wrote above (quadruple-checked it)
- Are they reachable from the each of their servers via the configured base url? => Yes they are
- Are you using the same url while entering the link for the application? => No, not exactly. The IP is identical, yes, but they differ in the port and /stash (like mentioned above)
- Looks like there is a proxy. Can the JIRA server reach the proxy via documents.yeack.comover HTTPS? => I don't have any proxy, and I don't use HTTPS.
- Are the HTTPS server certificates imported into each others keystore? The logs will indicate what is going on with the connection attempt. => Like said above, Neither Stash nor JIRA is set up to use HTTPS
If you need any further information about my setup or anything, please let me know. I will provide the missing information as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance,
Chris