Hello All,
It's my pleasure to be part of this community and it's my first time working with Jira REST API (v2) and it's my first post to the group.
I have a requirement of creating Jira tickets from the content present in a confluence page. The data presented in a table with columns (mapped to Jira fields) and I need to read it and create Jira ticket using rest API.
I have wrote a Python script now, in that I used BeautifulSoup to extract the content from the table. And using that I am calling the jira_create from Python JIRA package. The challenge for me is to preserve the text formatting in the description field from wiki to the ticket. I see that V3 API has a built in support for ADF, but unfortunately I have only option of using the V2 now. I tried html to markdown conversion using markdownify, but it is not helping me much.
Can you please suggest me a preferred way to do this in ATLASSIAN world?
Thank you
Mahesh