I admin both Jira and Confluence Data Center instances on RHEL8 Linux. Jira has this nifty feature where I can immediately gather the status of the server and act on that status: You simply query https://server.com:8080/status and a status of that node is returned as a json payload.
I tried similar queries on my confluence nodes and no dice. Does anyone know of a way to GET the status of a confluence node so that my load balancer can act on the result?thanks in advance!
Hi @Richard Briggs ,
Welcome to the community !!
This feature is not enabled in confluence data centre. There is already a suggestion requests made with Atlassian. Please vote and watch for the updates.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-60210
It's to me that there is not an API, SNMP, REST, JQL that simply tells the individual status of a node in a confluence cluster.
Hey @Richard Briggs ~ you should be able to use /status to return that info on Confluence as well. I just confirmed this in my instance. Maybe try without the port info? <base Confluence URL>/status
Also, there may be additional information in the links on the Clustering Admin page <baseURL>/plugins/servlet/cluster-monitoring.
HTH
Hey Laurie thanks . I did notice that it worked for the the base_url, but not for the individual nodes in the cluster. I can't seem to find any way to ask the nodes what their individual status is from the load-balancer either with a GET or curl or anything thusfar. How can we know if an individual node is indexing or otherwise ...indisposed. ?
Where's good ol' SNMP when you need it?! :-) Thanks Rilwan. I have cast my vote!
It's to me that there is not an Query be it API, SNMP, REST, anything that simply tells the individual status of a node in a confluence cluster. The internal code somehow knows if a node has a status other than "RUNNING" cluster! How?
The official answer is: "
I'm sorry, but the specific functionality that you are looking for does not exist. This information is available in the UI only. There is a feature request to add this functionality to the API:
so I guess go to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-60210 and vote that this would be nice to know WITHOUT going to the GUI
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.