Hi guys, I have a question regarding the possibilities it might give connecting one JIRA to another.
I'm investigating the ability of federating/scalability of our production JIRA instance, thus this question.
Thanks,
Ivan.
Hi Ivan,
Creating an Application link between two JIRA instances will only allow them to have issues linked between projects. Nothing more.
Are you looking for some particular functionality or have a specific question? It might be helpful if you provide an example of what you'd like to try to do with the application link.
I would be glad to see the list of features the connected JIRA applications are able to give. But if this is some kind of a shadow, ok. Is there any documentation about this to learn this subject? I could not find it. I'm interested in syncing whatever I could sync between two instances: projects/issues/customfields/workflows/ etc. Actually this is clustering. I know JIRA for does not support clustering, but I wonder what can I accomplish with linking one JIRA to another. Thank you, Ivan.
Syncing JIRA instances is not the functionality of Application Links. You can try taking a look at ConnectAll (http://www.go2group.com/alm-solutions/connectall/).
Benito, thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.