This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 5.9.1-EAP05112015V2 Release Notes
I have trouble understanding exactly why this feature is being introduced. In what cases is this functionality useful? How does it exactly work?
I'll venture a guess - tell me if I'm wrong. If I wanted to make a space with public-facing documentation but wanted to keep all other content, including Confluence users, hidden from the users of this documentation, I could now do that?
Is the only significant change for the site visitor navigation? They cannot see the Dashboard etc... this Confluence space instead becomes more like a public website? It does not look nor behave like a wiki for anonymous users?
As far as I know, it has been possible before to make some spaces accessible anonymously while hiding all other content from view. Or does this somehow override the Confluence global "anonymous use" setting?
I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate more on this change. Thanks. 