best way to upgrade jira from 4.4.4 to 6.2
You should always read the upgrade instructions, and you absolutely must read the release notes for each version you're going through (not the point releases, but you really should read the notes for 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2)
Hello,
I always recommend to install another instance, and import your data to the new instance, so you will have a most recent version and also will keep the previous one as a backup in case something goes wrong:
These are my recommended steps for upgrade:
the reason behind upgdare is to move it to latest existing another version of jira which we are planning to use acroos departments.
what is your thought. Shall i upgrade as you said then migrate or directy migrate it to latest existing version
is it mandeoty to have both instances of same version to migrate?
Sorry, that's nonsense. You're trying to upgrade - now you've said you want to upgrade to the same version? Which isn't an upgrade? Eh?
I meant, currently i have 2 jiras
one is latest 6.2 and another is 4.4.4 and i want to migrate 4.4.4 to 6.2
My question is - Shall I upgrade it and then migrate or directly migrate to 6.2
I guess i have to first upgrage to the version where i want to migrate
please let me know your thougts?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.