I'm a lone developer who just purchased and downloaded a load of Atlassian tools for my own use on a single home PC. I am trying (and now given up after three hours or so) to follow the Dragons install path (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Dragons+Stage+1+-+Install+JIRA) but failed at stage 1 step 4: install JIRA. No matter what I try I can't get it to work. All instructions have been followed to the letter: all default install locations and all environment variables set up as shown. I have even tried new port settings and using a full Tomcat install instead of the bundled one. My PC runs windows 7 ultimate on a quad-core AMD Phenom 2 X2 840 CPU with 8GB RAM. I have the latest Java 7 JDK installed and latest PostgreSQL database running. I couldn't find anything in the help or forums so am turning to you as a last place of hope. Can you help?
Hello there,
Allow me to share the JIRA installation docs with you:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+JIRA+on+Windows
Please have a good look through and if doesn't work please raise a ticket in our support.atlassian.com and provide details of the errors and the support team will help you with this instalation.
Hope that helps.
Hi Bruno,
Thanks for your reply. That was one of the many instruction guides I had followed to no avail. I should have mentioned I was using a separate install of Tomcat 7, sorry.
I see the page you noted in your reply has comments about a different CATALINA_HOME being a source of JIRA install pain. I hope my answer is of help to others.
Best regards,
Craig
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.