Often we need to capture an idea, or a felt need, without yet knowing whether the idea will actually be worked on, or by whom. How do we capture and track those ideas, yet keep them separate from tasks that are approved to be worked on? E.g.
- Maybe they're not approved tasks unless they're assigned to somebody? In that case, how do you represent that a decision has been made to implement the idea, but the decision about who will do it hasn't been made yet?
- Do you use a special status, or a special issue type, to represent this?
- Do you put ideas in a separate JIRA project from approved tasks?
This is something I've wondered about for years, as I've used JIRA. I'm wondering both,
- Is there an official, intended way to do this in JIRA, that I've just missed? and
- How do other organizations that use JIRA handle this need?