I have an automation set up to clone a story. It is set up to add the due date and planned start date. Both smart values are set up the exact same except for the beginning. They look as follows.
Due date:
{{issue.”due date”.plusMonths(3).firstbusinessdayofmonth.plusbusinessdays(5)}}
Planned start date:
{{issue.”planned start date”.plusMonths(3).firstbusinessdayofmonth.plusbusinessdays(5)}}
These smart values are meant to take the due date and planned start date from the current issue and add 3 months + 6 business days for the cloned story. The dates on the current story are both the same. When it clones, the smart value works for the due date, but the planned start date isn’t populating. Why is it working for one and not the other?
It works if I say :{{now.firstbusinessdayofmonth.plusbusinessdays(5)}} but this logic doesn’t always work as sometimes the due date is different then the planned start date. I’d like the find a way I can make the planned start date populate by using the planned start date from the current story. Any help is greatly appreciated.