Before installing Asset Discovery as a service, I was able to export the asset scan zip file(s) to another server using the File/Copy type with UNC path \\cmdbserver\scan folder shared on the cmdbserver by running Discovery.exe from command prompt when I was logging on as a domain user with local admin rights.
After installing Discovery as a service, I cannot find the scan zip file on \\cmdbserver\scan. I checked the discovery-0000000000 discovery logs and found that
26/6/2023 3:26:28 PM : Start transport process.
26/6/2023 3:26:28 PM : Export Path is not available.
26/6/2023 3:26:28 PM : Finished transport process.
Seems "Export Path is not available" is the error message.
How to resolve this issue?
So, what's the best practice of exporting the asset scan zip file for import to CMDB server for automation? Which export type should I use? Both our Asset Discovery server and CMDB servers are Windows servers joining the same AD domain.