I have recently started to use the trial of Workzone to see if a particular feature would work. I am trying to add a particular reviewer to a particular path in the repository as a required approval. It looked like this would work. I attached 2 screens of the settings from under the Repo Settings -> Workzone -> Reviewers Tab:
Destination Branch: (main as an example)
Then under File/Path reviewer settings:
Mode: Simple pattern
Path pattern: foo/**/*
Mandatory Users: <username>
Require mandatory approvals: 1 (checked)
After saving the settings, if I open a new PR, the user specified under Mandatory Users is added to the review (message is something like: "User(s) <username> have been added automatically as predefined branch reviewers."), however, the review can be merged even without this user's approval. The Merge button is still active.
Note the screenshot with the red arrow, where it is pointing I would expect to see a yellow icon warning it can not be merged without an approval (similar if you set minimal approvers in the general bitbucket settings).
I've tried adding them also to the general User list in the plugin but no luck.
Am I missing some setting that is preventing it from blocking a merge without the mandatory user approval? Please let me know if any further information is needed.