Hi,
is there a way to use Assets in Forms (Data Center)? In a cloud test version I had the opinion to add an asset field. But I can't find this opinion in our Data Center verison.
Thank you!
There are Assets related field types under "Administration --> Issues --> Custom fields --> Add custom field" in the Data Center version of Jira/JSM. For example types "Assets object", "Assets readonly object".
Field Set-Up doc: Set up the Assets objects custom field | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
Configuration of type "Assets object"-customfield doc: Configure the Assets objects custom field | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
Hi David, thank's for your response! The customer field I've already found. But I don't know how to use the field in Forms.
I cannot find it in the "Linked Jira Fields". Also in the cloud version I had the option to use the assets as a question field (so without a linked jira field). But in Data Center I cannot find this option.
Eg. for adding the Custom Field of Type "Assets object" the documentation under following link also seems true for the Data Center Version of JSM: Customize the fields of a request type | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
You may also need to configure the field on your "Create Screen" for the corresponding Project und "Issues --> Screens".
That is unfortunately not yet what I mean I try to explain it more detailed:
I mean the Jira ProForma (called Forms). I want to use some forms for our request types. The option to add a asset customer field to a request type I've allready found.
But I want to add the assets to a form in ProForma and then add it to a request type.
In the cloud version I had this option:
I cannot find this option in Data Center and also the link to the customer field is not given.
I hope you understand now what I mean
Hey All -
I was able to create a workaround using the ProForma API and automations. This requires hitting the API but I will try to include simple steps so anyone can create it. Follow the steps below and let me know if you have questions.
That should be it!
Excellent, with the first configuration it is already possible to get the data from asset objects into the proforma, which will help in 90% of the cases. The second step is more about updating the asset objects from a proforma form.
dear @Renan Ropke
How can you the get the API, is there api for data center
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.