I know that the jira.projectkey.pattern (admin/general configuration/advanced settings) is and "advanced" option, nevertheless I played with it as I would like my project keys to follow this rule: Pyy.nnn, where yy is the current year and nnn is an incremental number.
Playing around I finally set the regular expression pattern to ([A-Z0-9]+\*?[A-Z0-9]+) where the * would have to replace the dot (.) in my key.
This worked and I created a project and an issue in that project. project: P55*123 and issue: P55*123-1
The issue arises when I want to delete the issue and/or the project, since the system gives me the following error message:
Exception removing project: Error removing issues: com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Attachment path 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments\P55*1235\P55*1235-1' is not a directory
I'm using a Windows install of JIRA and this error makes perfectly sense since the * character is a wildcard character...
Nevertheless: I want to delete the project and issue and revert back to the original jira.projectkey.pattern.
Any suggestions?
thanks!
Jacques.