I want to display all pages and counts in confluence page.
Can we create a macro for that?
Also I want to display the maximum count of pages.
All should be display in table format.
Hi you can try this user macro:
## Macro title: Page counter ## Macro has a body: Y or N (N) ## Body processing: Selected body processing option ## Output: Selected output option ## ## Developed by: Cedric DEVAUX ## Date created: 21/07/2014 ## Macro to count pages in the space. ## @noparams ## Settings #set($containerManagerClass=$action.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager')) #set($getInstanceMethod=$containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null)) #set($containerManager=$getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null)) #set($containerContext=$containerManager.containerContext) ## the spaceManager gives you access to the spaces #set($spaceManager =$containerContext.getComponent('spaceManager')) <h2>Page counter per spaces</h2> <table class="confluenceTable"> <tr> <th class="confluenceTh">Space Name</th> <th class="confluenceTh">Count</th> </tr> #foreach($sp in $spaceManager.getAllSpaces()) #if($sp.isGlobal()) <tr> <td> <a href="/display/$sp.getKey()">$sp.getName()</a> </td> <td> $spaceManager.findPageTotal($sp) </td> </tr> #end #end </table>
"Display all pages" does not make sense. You want to include the content of every page in one place? For even a small Confluence, that's not going to work - you'll have thousands of pages and it'll take too long to build and render.
Or do you mean a list of all pages, just their name? That's still not much use - a tiny new confluence will quickly have hundreds, and a typical one has tens of thousands.
I'm afraid "counts" makes no sense either. What are you counting?
Maximum count of pages? Ok, you want to count pages, what is the criteria? And what do you mean by "maximum" (As there's no specific limit in Confluence, maximum doesn't make any sense)
I think you need to explain your requirement better. What question are you trying to answer with these numbers and lists? Forget about tables, pages, counts for now, just tell us what your user (or you) want to know specifically and why?
Thanks for replay, I want to display on any confluence page in following table structure manner. Display all pages in one place with their counts. | All Pages | Count | | | | The table should be display the maximum count of page. Maximum count is when the page get loaded.
I'm afraid that does not make it any more clear. The closest I can imagine is not even a table, you just want to know how many pages you have. Your "all pages" column has no data because "all pages" is meaningless. Count is fine - it's the number of pages you have in your installation. It's available on the system-information page, so I imagine it would be quite easy to write a macro to extract it and hence say "this confluence has a total of X pages" There's still no "maximum" there, and "maximum count is when the page gets loaded" is still complete nonsense.
Site statistics is an old link, but still valid. Various queries of the Confluence database using SQL for Confluence.
Are you saying that you want a list of all of the pages in Confluence and how many times each has been accessed?
Yes Davin, how can I get this..?
Thanks cedric, this macro is helpful. Also I want a list of all of the pages in Confluence and how many times each has been accessed.
Thanks Bob
Any chance we can add some code that would allow for a "total" line at the bottom that sums up Space Page Counts?
Confluence does not keep track of how many times each page has been accessed. At least I've never found it and I've looked all over the database for it.
Actually, I found a quicker answer that does not require any developpment: simply search for the wildcard on all pages!
.../dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch+~+"*"+and+type+%3D+"page"&queryString=*
This macro counts pages only in "site spaces" besides there are "personal spaces" "my spaces" "archived spaces"Is it possible to make the table display the count of pages from all spaces?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.