I am using Atlas fairly successfully to communicate updates about in-flight projects.
However, there is also a need in the business to also communicate what we intend to do over the next year.
(That doesn't mean that the projects and goals over the next year need to be fixed, but we need a future-facing plan even if it will change.)
Since there is no way to do this in Atlas today, I am using a workaround which is to create a project, leave it as "pending" and name it `[Candidate] Project name`.
But it really feels like I am working around Atlas here…
What I'd like to be able to do is the following:
- For current projects, track current status and target date and get nudged for weekly updates
- For candidate projects that have not started yet but are planned, track current confidence* and target date, do NOT get nudged for weekly updates
…and be able to see both current and candidate projects on the timeline view.
Am I missing something obvious about how to plan ahead using Atlas? Or should I be using another tool for this?
Matt
* For confidence, I think there's a set of intervals equivalent to "status", something like "might do this project" > "likely to do this project" > "committed to do this project".