Hi all,
I understand from reading some threads and also web article that JIRA seems to be running faster on unix machine than windows.
However recently I did a comparison of doing a system restore, one is on a windows app server with a postgreSQL on windows, and the other system is Linux Sles 10 app server with PostgreSQL which run on windows os.
The restore only took like 2.5 hours on the Windows system and 5 hours+ on Linux system.
Below are their cpu and memory spec for the app server (please note that both systems are virtual machine):
Windows :
2 cpu + 4 GB ram
Linux
8 cpu + 32 GB ram
There must be clearly something wrong here, perhaps my JVM settings ??
I set the windows one with 2GB JVM heap size and 8 GB on the Linux.
Im confused now, did I just make the wrong decision in hosting JIRA on linux box ?