I'm trying to link our Confluence and JIRA servers together so that we can refer between them. My setup is as follows,
- JIRA 6.1.5 on one server
- Confluence 5.4.1 on another separate server
- Users are internal to each application i.e. no LDAP, Crowd, or use of JIRA User Server for Confluence
I have added the Application Links in each to point to the other. For both Incoming and Outgoing Authentication in each I enabled Trusted Applications and OAuth.
My account on both has the same username and password and I have full Admin rights on both.
So far, when testing, I can create a link in JIRA that links to a page in Confluence no problem.
But when I attempt to use the JIRA Issue macro in Confluence, it never allows me to create a link. I've tried typing in an issue key for an issue which I created in JIRA and I've also tried creating a new issue.
When I enter the issue key, TST-4, I get the error message saying "The JIRA server didn't understand your search query". If I try to create a new issue, the list of Projects and Issue Types are not populated and the Insert button just ignores my presses.
I suspect its a permissions issue but considering that I have the maximum rights possible on both servers, I can't figure out what is missing??