Hello,
our customer demands all Issues from their Project in an Excel or CSV file. We know this is a bad idea but in our position we have no choice. We have tried setting up the jira.search.views.default.max = 50000 in the /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties but when we change the tempMax value in the URL the 403 Error is shown:
If you are using jira 4.4.x, should create a file in jira-home and add entries there too.
I can view maximum 5000 Issues and I edited as follows.
jira-home/jira-config.properties
Add :jira.search.views.max.limit = 5000jira.search.views.default.max = 5000
Don't forget to restart JIRA
Thanks, Vishnu.
The good news : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel
The bad news is that even if you change that, unless you're running Jira on some really powerful hardware, it's still unlikely to work. The excel export is resource intensive and I doubt it will cope with 50,000
There's no harm in trying (although I'd wait until a quiet time, outside working hours, so you don't cripple Jira while others are using it), but I think I'd be asking your customer to come up with a more sane request and think about doing it some other way.
We did all from that tutorial but the settings didn't work. Only the default URL settings changed to 50000 when I select Excel (All Fields) but we got the same Error Page (403).
I suspect you missed some of the settings, as the changes on that page works fine for the systems I've tested it on. (You did restart as well?)
Thanks Vishnu, "jira.search.views.max.limit = 50000" was missing in our jira-config.propreties.
Great that worked.
There is one more file that you have to change the is not documented. The file is :/WEB-INF/classes/jpm.xml. You will find jira.search.views.default.max set in this file as well.
How can the same be done for jira CLOUD?
No. You can't change the properties file, as you have no access to the server. Atlassian will not change it for you either - there's a good reason for the limit and they will not be enabling you to crash your system.
.
I am sharing the solution I have implemented in VBA for overcoming this problem:
How to Overcome JIRA Record limit for Exporting into Excel File implementing a Pagination Strategy with VBA.
at the end of the post, you can download an excel file that includes the VBA source code.
I hope it would help,
David
I should add that we encountered this problem in JIRA v7.13.5 and Vishnu and Vincent's fix worked to solve it.
5000
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.