Hello,
I am completely new to APIs and tokens, and I have been getting the same error message with my code for several days, so I thought I might as well ask as the community.
My goal is to access the company website in order to download some data, so basically I want to create a session that authenticates the user. I am using Python to write a script that will be used by several people to automate a certain process related to the data. To access the data via the script I have created a personal token.
At the moment my code looks like this:

The error I get is:
"Encountered a "401 - Unauthorized" error while loading this page.
Basic Authentication Failure - Reason : AUTHENTICATED_FAILED
Go to Jira home".
Does anyone know how to solve the issue? I have read the sample code and looked into curl as well, though curl seems to be problematic when using Windows 10 like me. I would suspect that the url I am providing in the code is wrong and that I am also not using the token correcly.