Hello Community
We have a space in our Confluence server installation that contains pages which are view-restricted to project groups. People are added to these groups after the relevant project manager has given approval. Because of this, the "request access" function from a restricted page in this space is redundant and gets in the way - they're supposed to ask the PM directly, as I as the Confluence administrator don't always know who the right PM is.
We're looking at several options, and I don't if any of them are possible....
- Disabling "Request Access" for a particular space. e.g. by doing something in custom HTML for the space, or similar. Is this possible?
- Writing a plugin that overrides Request Access, directing the user to raise a Jira ticket, which I can direct to the right people. Although I have some very limited experience of Atlassian plugins, I have no idea if this is technically possible.
- Getting an existing plugin that does something more useful in this area.
We do not want to either move these pages into separate Project spaces, or provide any kind of delegated group management, as we need central control.
Any advice appreciated.
Neil