I am told by the admins that it is not possible. I have a lot of documents with attachments and such, and I don't want to spend days re-creating each document on the new server.
I really can't just move my stuff somehow?
See if this answer helps : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/93890/3-5-9-space-conversion-to-4-3-1?page=1#93893
In short, you will have a 2 step process and you will have to manually move the attachment folders.
You can only import a space to a version with the same second level version number (you can't import from 3.3.6 to 3.4, for example.)
The basic method to do one space would be:
1) Create a new Confluence 3.3.6 somewhere.
2) Export your space to XML and import it into your new Confluence. (This should bring all attachments along.)
3) Upgrade to 3.5, then to 4.0 then to 4.2. (You may be able to go directly from 3.5 to 4.2.)
4) Export the space.
You should now be able to import it into your 4.2.13 installation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.