I need to import around 1000 options to a custom select field. From my research on this site, it looks like using Script Runner is my best option for this: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-BulkImportCustomFieldValues
My problem is I'm not really sure from the documentation how this script should be structured. My situation, for example: Say I have a custom field called CustomField. I have a context, ContextA, that has a number values and is associated with multiple projects. I created a new context, ContextB which is empty and associated with a new project. What would the script look like for importing values Value1, Value2 and Value3 into ContextB?
If you choose the builtin script to bulk import custom field values you have to select the field config for which you want to import the values from a select list. If your custom field has to field configs there are two entries for this custom field.
Ah ok, I was looking in the wrong spot, I didn't see the link for the Built In Scripts, that's exactly what I needed. I thoguht I needed to write a script and run it to do the import. Thank you.
Is there instructions on how the Bullk import custom field values work? I have a csv to import that is part of of the application but not clear on how this works.
Yes, see here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_bulk_import_custom_field_values
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.