I'm sure this has been covered before, but I haven't been able to find an answer in my searches thus far...
We are using Confluence to maintain documentation for a software project. This documentation contains certain bits of information in many places - for example, the current version of the software might exist on 10 different pages. Certain filenames or install paths might exist on several pages, several times per page.
To be concise, what I am looking for is to be able to put, in a parent page (or even just another page in the space), something like this:
"$version=1.2.3.4"
Then, in my install document, something like this:
"This doc pertains to version ${version} of the software"
And then have that render as:
"This doc pertains to version 1.2.3.4 of the software"
That way, I could take a bunch of common string values, maintain them in one central location and have every relevant page automatically reflect changes.
I took a look at the Metadata Macro, but it seemed to me that it was more tooled to be able to just print out a table of data about a page, rather than easily substituting text as depicted above. Is there another macro I can look at to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!