Hi,
I have investigated import/ export functionality in Jira, and I am looking to confirm my understanding.
I have found a method of exporting data from the Issues section to view it in Excel via the Views drop down, but as of yet, I do not believe it is possible to simply edit the data in the spreadsheet and re-import it in the same view. This means, that at the project permissions level, a user cannot "work offline" and re-import the data with the expectation that validations have occurred that ensure that data that has been changed by the user via the spreadsheet does not copy over data that may have been subsequently changed by another user.
I have found an import functionality at the Jira Admin permissions level, but it seems to be more of a project "restore" feature that should be driven by the technical team (perhaps to load a backup) than a feature that would be used for simple project updates (especially apparent due to that the update cannot be a local upload).
This leaves me to believe that the Import features are more for migration support than they are for working offline and using Excel features to manipulate data in volume. Is this correct? Are there any existing plug-ins that would support project-level import/ export?