I recently created a private repository. From the given https link, I tried "git clone URL" command. It just cloned without prompting me for a password. Is this acceptable or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
M
It turns out that, on the MAC that I was using, the password for Bitbucket is stored in the KeyRing. So it automatically logged in. Sorry about the imprudent question !
It depends. Was it an http or an ssh URL? Are you using Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server, or some other hosting for your remote repo?
Sorry, I forgot to mention. It is bitbucket-cloud and HTTPS. I have been using it for several years now and I have not noticed that it cloned without password prompt. The documentation clearly states that, private repositories cannot be cloned without proper permissions even with a valid URL. Is there some setting I am missing?
I'm not sure - I haven't used Cloud, only Server. But that certainly sounds odd. A clone request using http should always require a password unless the repo is configured to allow anonymous access.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.