In JIRA Structure, I'd like to be able to see the Memo Description without showing the description of all the tickets. How can I do this? In your ALM example, did you not have Descriptions for your stories and Tasks or is there a setting somewhere?
Hi @karnismith1
In this case, I think you should use JQL to filter only the ticket which you want to see it's description.
I hope this helps!
Thank you, Nhat. Sorry I'm not clear on how to implement your answer or this doesn't help. I'd like users to be able to read the memos' text (description) with the JIRA structure open, like in screenshot that says "Add additional Information anywhere...", but not see all descriptions of all the JIRA tickets in the structure. It seems that you can only toggle Show Description on Summary column to see the memo text, but that means it shows all the ticket descriptions, which makes the structure board very busy and hard to read. Is there a way to only see description for memo types in the Summary field or some other way to set this? Thanks!
Hello @karnismith1 ,
Welcome to the Community!
There's no setting to display the description only for memos. However, we can solve this by using adding a formula column.
The formula you will want to try is this:
IF itemtype = "memo": this.description
The IF conditional statement identifies the memos and then we define the description attribute is what we want to return.
Let me know if it helps!
Best,David
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.