I would like to do daily or weekly backups in Confluence (Data Center), using the native tools that are part of the Atlassian suite, so that I can restore a space or a particular file from a particular time period. I already do full backups of the DB and instance, but I don't want to recover an entire environment to get a single file or space. Here is what I am thinking in terms of steps:
- Create a separate filesystem on the RHEL instance to store the backups and make sure it is large enough to hold 30+ backup files.
- Create a cronjob to move any backup file older than 7 days from the default location over to the new filesystem.
- Make sure we are backing up/snapping the new filesystem.
- Create a cronjob to remove any backup file on the new filesystem older than 30 days.
- Create an SOP for restoring a space and/or individual file from one of the backup files to the live environment
Does this make sense or is there a better way?
Thanks in advance for any help.