I use Page Properties Report macro to build project report. Is there a way to edit some fields (like a Project Status, Start Date or Finish Date) directly from the page report?
Hi Stoiko,
It seems there is no solution to edit data from the Page Properties Report inline at the moment. But in the most cases people wants to do one simple thing like switch the status for a particular row. I don't know how to switch a date within Page Properties Report but I can suggest a solution to switch the status right from report. Try a Handy Status macro from Handy Macros instead of default Status Macro to do that.
The whole concept of "report" is merely a view of the data, and it's operates that way in virtually every application.
Now the Page Properties report does include a hyperlink to the original page to facilitate editing.
Like Milo said, the report of a macro executing a query is just a view. But it depends on what you are trying to achieve.
If your use case knows the hits in advance and you only need to access value from a know set of properties to be rendered in a table, then the Tour Macro of the projectdoc Toolbox allows you to override these values (or add additional rows and columns) in this view. But if you need to actually edit the values in the reported document, this is no solution for you.
How does it work? Basically you define a table for each page in a row. Columns are the properties you want to display. For each empty cell the Tour Macro fetches the value from the referenced document.
But this works only on document properties (not page properties) that are defined with the Document Properties Marker Macro.
Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors of the commercial projectdoc Toolbox.
Thanks, Milo. I know it, but I still think that it would be a great improvement to implement such inline updates for particular types of data - dates, status, labels and so on.
Thanks, Robert. The data I need to edit can be predefined sets (like statuses) or random (like a finish date). It seems that your add-on doesn't provide a fully functional solution to cover my case, but thank you anyway.
Thanks, Roman. You're right, in most cases we need only to switch status or date. It would be nice to have this feature.
Is there any update on this. I would also like to edit from the report page and have it flow back to the original page.
I would be interested in this issue as well. Could you open a story to implement a way where it's possible to add columns to theĀ Page Properties Report or update existing informationĀ from the report page?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.