I have this field in Global Permissions and I can not find any documentation on exactly what it is for and how to use it. Can anyone point me to the documentation on this?
Thanks!
I suspect it may be something to do with the new service desk licence model - Atlassian have had a lot of praise for service desk, but it's got one huge flaw in that every person who might want to raise an issue counts as a user, which is far to expensive as in a lot of places, the users really do just want something doing. That can make it cripplingly expensive, and all the competition has "agent based licencing" (you have a handful of users taking calls, and you only pay for them, not the thousands they service). So I think this is tied to a change of licencing to broaden the potential usage of Service Desk.
I've been checking back on this for a bit, but I'm curious: What version of Service Desk do you use? I have been using 1.2.x.x only and have never seen this. I'm wondering if this is an older feature?
It is the latest On Demand version I believe
2.0-OD-04-D20140812T045142
Ah, strange! Perhaps it's a new feature with 2.0? Unfortunately I don't have experience with 2.0 yet, and this doesn't appear to be documented on any of the June/July releases for OD. Good luck!
That's what I am hoping, it would be nice if it was documented though since it is out there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.