How can I have the same custom field in multiple tabs?
Hi Claudine,
I believe this is not possible, since the tabs are just for better organizing the components/layout of a screen. You can add a custom field to multiple screens, though, by setting the Custom Field properties. This link will tell you how:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field
Best regards,Lucas Timm
No - once you've added a field to a screen, you can't add it again, even if it is tabbed.
ok thanks for the prompt reply
Is there no way around this, maybe with a plugin?
You could use ScriptRunner to duplicate the field, but that's annoying for admins who are often engaged in a running battle with fielditis, and confusing for users who would not expect a field in one tab to update another one.
Too bad that this is the answer, and it still seems to be the case in Jira cloud in 2019.
I could really use the same feature: I have a very large form with some Master-Detail relations.
E.g. on tab 1 I have a button to select if something is an 'Investigation Required'. On a different tab I want to repeat that value, and add fields 'Investigation Plan', 'Investigation Summary'. This field is only required when 'Investigation Required' = 'true', so the user should not feel compelled to fill these values when not required to. But I still want it optional..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.