I am experiencing an issue where individuals or groups added as space admins to specific spaces do not have permissions to edit space permissions. It almost acts as if Confluence wants them to "authenticate" as a user yet they have no option to do that. Am I missing something? I have reviewed the documentation covering permissions and the differences between the various admin users and they should be able to edit space permissions yet are unable to do so. Any insight into a possible cause would be appreciated.
If a user has the tick against their name in the space permissions page for "admin" on the far right, then they should be able to change the permissions for that space - add/remove users and groups, and change those users check marks.
Do they have the "edit" button available when they're on that page?
Yes, they have the "Admin" tick checked (green) in permissions and they have the "Edit" button, however, when they click on the edit button then they get the error that they do not have permissions.
Ok, if they didn't have the permission, the button shouldn't even appear. Are they logged in with a non-expired session? (Easy to check, just go to another part of Confluence and check the user is shown as logged in at the top right)
Could you have a look at the log file at the point at which one of these users click the edit button?
Yes, they are logged in. I'll have a look at the log files and see if I can see anything pertaining to this issue. I'm also wondering if maybe this is a database issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.