Hello,
I am trying to get JIRA to connect to mysql / tomcat 6.
I ensured I have the latest version of mysql, tomcat 6, and jdbc driver.
I can connect to the database using the user in my dbconfig.xml
I have verified the jdbc driver is loaded properly (via the catalina.out log)
I have verified that the username / password / host are correct in dbconfig.xml, yet I still receive the following error at the end of the startup sequence (Tomcat never reports it has started properly).
2012-06-27 11:27:31,554 main ERROR [NoModule] Error getting datasource via DBCP: JdbcDatasourceInfo{uri='jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jiradb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&sessionVariables=storage_engine=InnoDB', driverClassName='com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', username='jiradbuser', password='********', isolationLevel='null', connectionProperties=null, connectionPoolInfo=ConnectionPoolInfo{maxSize=8, minSize=2, maxWait=60000, sleepTime=300000, lifeTime=600000, deadLockMaxWait=600000, deadLockRetryWait=10000, validationQuery='select 1', minEvictableTimeMillis=60000, timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=300000}}
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource
at org.weakref.jmx.MBeanExporter.export(MBeanExporter.java:45)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.ManagedBasicDataSource.exportMBean(ManagedBasicDataSource.java:70)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.ManagedBasicDataSource.<init>(ManagedBasicDataSource.java:61)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.ManagedBasicDataSourceFactory.createDataSource(ManagedBasicDataSourceFactory.java:278)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.DBCPConnectionFactory.createDataSource(DBCPConnectionFactory.java:142)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.DBCPConnectionFactory.getConnection(DBCPConnectionFactory.java:91)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.tryGenericConnectionSources(ConnectionFactory.java:69)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getConnection(JNDIFactory.java:146)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.TransactionFactory.getConnection(TransactionFactory.java:101)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:59)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.getConnection(DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.java:28)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.system.check.JRA24857Check.isSessionUsingMySIAM(JRA24857Check.java:102)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.system.check.JRA24857Check.getWarningMessage(JRA24857Check.java:63)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.system.check.SystemEnvironmentChecklist.getWarnings(SystemEnvironmentChecklist.java:39)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.system.check.SystemEnvironmentChecklist.getWarningMessages(SystemEnvironmentChecklist.java:56)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.system.check.SystemEnvironmentChecklist.getEnglishWarningMessages(SystemEnvironmentChecklist.java:90)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.checkSystemEnvironment(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:234)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.printJIRAStartupMessage(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:199)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.ConsistencyCheckImpl.initialise(ConsistencyCheckImpl.java:181)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:102)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:250)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:149)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:94)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:24)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:61)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:33)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:56)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:67)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:62)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.get(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:121)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.onTenantStart(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:165)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:134)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:131)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForEachListener(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:256)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:130)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startAll(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:203)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:95)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4705)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:778)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:504)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Caused by: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.Repository.addMBean(Repository.java:467)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.internal_addObject(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1520)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerDynamicMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:986)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerObject(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:938)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.registerMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:330)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.registerMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:516)
at org.weakref.jmx.MBeanExporter.export(MBeanExporter.java:39)
... 60 more
What is even stranger is that if I access http://localhost:8080/admin, nothing comes up. I haven't seen this happen where one webapp interferes with the standard admin webapp.
All suggestions are appreciated.