Hi everyone,
For the last week I've been trying to upgrade our very outdated Confluence 3.0 instance to 4.2. After reading all of the upgrade notes from 3.0 to 3.5 and then some comments I decided to go from 3.0 to 3.3. Everything seemed to migrate fine, except I could no longer create pages. It would redirect me to a 404 page upon saving my page.
After searching and not finding anyone with a similar problem I decided that maybe it was just a browser issue and tried to upgrade to 3.5 from there. The 3.5 upgrade deleted all of my users and groups.
I'm going to start over at 3.0 again and want to do this right. What is the best upgrade path to use? Am I going to lose my users at 3.5 every time because of the changes to user management?
Our instance is installed on Solaris using an Oracle 10g database.
Thanks