There are some previously created automations that interfere with my automation setup. I was promoted to the Admin role, but still don't see the Admin button shown here:
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/administrative-powers-in-butler/
and can't access others' automations.
Moreover, I can't see that button even on the board I created myself.
Maybe something has changed in Trello; where should I be looking to see and manage others' automations?
Thanks!
The way the automation works on Trello is it executed on behalf of the user who creates it.
Automations can be added to a library and shared with the workspace
Automation buttons can be shared with the workspace.
For you to be able to see the buttons created by someone else, the creator will have to check "share with workspace"
In order to avoid this problem, I always recommend setting up a machine/bot account for automations, where there is shared access.
Thanks for your answer! So, looks like there's no role that can't just see others' automations - everyone has to tag them to add to the library, and share the library?
I haven't found official docs about the machine/bot account. Do you mean just creating a "user" that everyone on the team can log in as because the access credentials are shared? If it's something else, maybe there's an article on how to set it up?
Yes, exactly as you described, it is just a user account for running automations which has shared access
I would recommend for extra security with that account to enable 2FA
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/enabling-two-factor-authentication-for-your-trello-account/
I have a similar issue.
The user that created the automations has now left the business, I have secured their account and changed password.
Could I rename the account? Make it a bot account?
I am very scared about making changes and killing the automation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.