I am using Confluence V6.0 and I am writing my first python scripts with REST API.
My problem: I don't know how the input parameters in POST calls are named.
Example:
To upload an attachment, the documentation gives examples using curl and multiple -F parameters:
curl -D- -u admin:admin -X POST -H "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck" -F "file=@myfile.txt"\
-F "minorEdit=true" -F "comment=This is my File"\
http://myhost/rest/api/content/123/child/attachment
In this forum I found a python example which showed that the requests.post function is called with the parameters files= and headers=:
r = requests.post(url, auth=('[USERNAME]', '[PASSWORD]'), files=files, headers=headers)
(see Rafael Sperafico's answer to
How to upload attachment to an Issue using the REST API in Python??)
But: Where do I find these parameter names (and others) in the documentation? E.g. how can I add a comment or the ContentType?
Is there anywhere a complete description of the REST API functions giving not only examples but all the possible parameters?