During our Standup meeting we show the board and we typically are looking at prioritized issues, however sometimes I would like to focus on issues assigned to a specific person. How can I filter down to a person or persons?
Hello @Nathan Hawk
You could create Quick Filters for your board to temporarily reduce the displayed issues to a subset that are assigned to a specific person.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-quick-filters-938845301.html
One for each member of the team? Yuck
The problem I'm seeing is that Jira doesn't support "slow" filters on the Kanban board. How about a dropdown where I select the team member(s) or even a text based filter?
Yes, one for each person.
I don't know what you mean by slow filters.
There is not native functionality in Jira Server/ Data Center for board filters using a drop down or input field.
There may be third party apps that would provide that enhanced filtering capability. One that I've heard of but not used is Agile Tools & Filters for Jira.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215334/agile-tools-filters-for-jira-software?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
I assume they are called "Quick" Filters because they are only one click, so "slow" was just my play on words for a more advanced, potentially multi-click filters. However, it appears that Jira doesn't provide any other way to filter other than Quick filters, which is very limited for such a mature product. For this use case, using Quick filters would usually end up being multiple clicks anyway, because you would need to unclick the previous person's filter. A multi-select drop down is much more user friendly (for example, assignee in the basic search UI).
It does look like the paid add on you linked to would work, and I like that they have an online demo to interact with. However, the majority of the features the add on provides should be a part of the base product. The tool is really not usable without them. In reality, I have never worked on a team that did not regularly need to focus on individual assignments in real time during a standup meeting.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.