Hello,
At our company, if an alert hits, the actual on-call user will be responsible for that alert unless we assign the alert to another user. We rotate the users daily. We want to remind e.g. the on-call user from Saturday about his alert on Monday again when he actually works (even if he ACK-ed the alert already). So generally we want to achieve the following scenario:
1) We receive an alert. We determine the current on-call user from a schedule, and notify that user about the alert immediately. (This is a straightforward step.)
2) If the alert not closed yet, repeat the notification one day later for the currently assigned/Ack-er user (but preferably at 10AM on next workday) 3 times before we stop notifying.
3) if the user not closed the alert yet, repeat the notification a week later for the currently assigned/Ack-er user (preferably at 10AM on next workday from that time) 2 times before we stop notifying.
How can I achieve this? I tried many things, without success.
Some of my results based on my testing (could be wrong):
- if I try to set notification repeat for a user in his profile, it only works until he sees/ACKs the alert.
- if I set a notification rule for the team to repeat the alert, it reverts the ACK status and chooses the on-call user again, which may be a different person. This is not what we want to do, we want to notify the already determined user again.
- if I set the repeat option in an escalation rule, I can separate "until ACKed" and "until closed" notifications, but with the repeat option, the user to notify will be chosen again from the schedule on each repeat, and it will not notify the already determined user again.
I hope somebody can help me with this, what should I try?
Thank you in advance.