I am following these instructions for getting OpsGenie to publish to an SNS topic: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-outgoing-amazon-sns/.
But I can't figure out how to give OpsGenie permission to do so. There's a step that says:
To allow users to publish messages to the topic, select Only these AWS users.
But what AWS user should I input?
Hi @Areeba Turabi ,For permissioning this, you should be adding the AWS user accounts who should have permission to post to the Amazon SNS topic responsible for receiving messages from Opsgenie.This topic would eventually send these Opsgenie messages to it's subscribers as and when it receives them from Opsgenie.Here is a document link that explains with examples what kind of message data will be sent to the SNS Topics for different actions:https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/opsgenie-edge-connector-alert-action-data/Best,Shashwat
I understand that I should be adding the AWS user account that should have permission to post to the topic, but which user account is this? I am assuming this account is owned by OpsGenie. I am trying to configure an outbound SNS integration (I want to give OpsGenie permission to publish to the topic).
Hey @Areeba Turabi ,I would need to take a look at your Amazon SNS environment to confirm the user account.Could you please use the below link to log a support ticket with us for further assistance on this: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/Best,Shashwat
It is not required to look at my Amazon SNS environment, the principals that require permissions are owned by OpsGenie and are completely independent of the user's AWS account. I was able to get my answer by looking at this template: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/opsgeniedownloads/opsgenie-amazon-sns/OpsgenieAmazonSnsTemplate.json. It contains 4 arns that OpsGenie uses to push to SNS. I gave them publish permissions to my SNS topic and it worked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.