I'm a complete n00b when it comes to customizing ticket workflows. I've been hitting up search sites to find a way to do this, but either there's too much information that doesn't answer my question or not enough information to answer my question, *or* it's possible that I've seen an answer out there but it only talks about how something could be done, but like I said, I'm a n00b and the explanation goes over my head.
That all said, I have a couple of questions related to customizing the create issue pane.
Q1
I've read a lot on how to customize the ticket creation pane. I've managed to successfully create a custom field, scheme, and issue type. I've managed to associate some things as well. When I attempt to associate the issue type scheme, I get the following error:
There are 277 sub-tasks that will be affected by this change. You must have at least one valid sub-task issue type.
I'm not able to find any documentation on what to do in this situation. How do I resolve this?
Q2
Given a custom drop-down in the create issue pane, based on the selection of the item in the drop-down, I would like to (dynamically?) present fields related to that selected item, which when filled in will present the customer-supplied responses in the API response of the create-ticket item to be parsed and acted upon and be present in the new ticket (TBD).
How does one do this? I found https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Adaptavist-questions/I-want-to-direct-a-customers-response-to-question-a-or-b-based/qaq-p/1325471 which might bark up the right road, but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if what I want is even possible. This link above shows what I think is relevant information, but what it doesn't cover is how to "link" responses from custom fields to view fields. That totally eludes me in this system. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Change-the-workflow-status-based-on-custom-field-value/qaq-p/1935972 may also have clues but this one is mildly confusing to me.