Confluence Version 7.13.7
Synchrony is managed by Confluence
Under General Configuration > Collaborative Editing page, I am unable to restart Synchrony. When I select the restart button, I get a system message that "This may take a few minutes" and nothing happens.
I first went to Troubleshooting Collaborative Editing. Then checked errors in the synchrony log to find 'Not enough space', which lead me to How to Increase Synchrony Heap Allocation
The AWS instance that Confluence is running on didn't have enough free memory to support increasing the heap size to 4GB. I figured this added to the problem.
I increased the instance type, rebooted it, ran ./stop-confluence.sh and then added the following to setenv.sh:
CATALINA_OPTS="-Dsynchrony.memory.max=4g ${CATALINA_OPTS}"
I restarted Confluence and then from the Collaborative Editing page, tried to restart Synchrony. This did not fix the issue.
Other items of note:
- When I run 'netstat -nlpt | grep 8091', nothing comes back.
- I tried to restart Synchrony from the CLI, but this was also unsuccessful.
I am not the original administrator for this account and the previous are not available to provide a clear direction, so I've had to learn the hard way.