I was searching for a way to add my team to a goal so that I could search goals based on teams. I can find a way to do this. Please help
We had to assign a goal to a project, then a team to a project, and then the team was responsible for the goal.
This is way too complicated, and we hope there is a better answer, too.
We're in early days of piloting Atlas and the goal-project structure is working well for us:
Hi @Shaolin Life - @Sing Chen has the right answer for you!
Teams are added to goals based on the contributing projects that are linked to the goal.
You can filter goals by going to the Goals directory page and choosing the Team you want as a filter.
Hey Christina,
What would the ideal state look like for you?
Thanks, Daniella
We were hoping to wrap our OKRs into Atlas - having the "big goals" as guiding principles, then the goals as they exist now in atlas being the KPIs/goals that feed into the larger, company-wide goals. The "subgoals" functionality exists, but we cannot default everyone into being associated to a top-level goal. They're assigned instead to projects, which are associated to various sub-goals of the main company-wide goals.
In this way, I think what I'm asking for would be a top layer of goals, to which everything and everyone could map. We can currently answer the question, "what KPIs/sub-goals does this project map to?" but we cannot answer the question, "what company-wide goal does this project/KPI/Sub-goal map to?
see:
I don't see the added value of being forced to add a project to a goal, in order to see the contributing teams. This means that all activities must be performed with projects in Atlas in order to properly track OKR's, where-as not all projects are well suited to the Atlas format...I honestly don't see the set-back in having a 'two-way street' in this regard;1. Keeping the current functionality of showing teams through linked projects.
2. Allowing teams to be linked in themselves.
Jumping in on this - would be really great if I could just directly assign a team within the Project and not via the Goal. Currently it seems that I have to (1) create a goal (2) assign my team to that goal (3) create a project (4) assign the project to the goal and (5) now I can filter on projects by team.I don't currently use goals and would really like if I could disentagle the two. However currently in the project there is no way to simply assign the team.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.