I have a "Portfolio" project that contains all of our initiatives but nothing else, only linked epics that are in other projects.
Then I have about 14 team projects that have several Epics linked to these initiatives.
In order for me to report on the entire portfolio of the initiatives and their linked Epics, I want to see all Epics associated with these initiatives and perform any query needed beyond that.
I created a Query in JIRA that works with this filter and I could use this as a Structure for additional queries.
Project in ("Project-A") AND issuekey in childIssuesOf(Initiative-1) OR issuekey in childIssuesOf(Initiative-2) ...and so on about 20 more times.
While the filter itself works, it takes a very long time. When I build dashboards in Confluence or in Jira, they sometimes work but they usually timeout and sometimes server disconnected.
Is there a better more efficient way I can build the JQL query?