When user accounts are created in confluence, they are by default set to be members of the group confluence-users.
I am a confluence-administrator who has a need to change the default group to something else, because I need to invite signups from a different set of users, and I don't want to get them mixed up with my existing confluence-users, for a number of reasons.
How can I change the default group to something else, like confluence-temporaryguest?
Can this be done with a setting in the console or internal directory? - If necessary, I am happy to editing some of the wiki markup, or change a line of java code somewhere. (I am a confluence-administrator but not a system-administrator.)
Alternatively, can the invitation link be customised to specify which groups the user will be a member of? (This needs to be automatic since there will be several hundred new users who will need to sign themselves up.)
Thanks,