Whenever a P1 alert is triggered I want to create a new slack channel with the current on-call, open a Jira ticket with a link to the ticket and the status of the alert
Hi @Adi Kuperman ,
I would recommend using a Jira integration to automatically create Jira issues from P1 alerts:
New slack channels can't be created automatically, though we do have a feature request for that. However, if you create an incident from the alert:
you can then manually create a Slack channel from the associated incident:
Thanks @John M!One last issue I didn't manage to figure our is how to create an alert from slack with P1?when I create the alert with the following command:
/genie alert [alert_name] for [on call team]It creates the alert with P3.
Where should I define the priority?
It looks like there is no way to define the priority on alert creation, but you can update it after the alert it created:
The other option would be to a global policy for each priority that filters for Slack alerts with P1 in the message and assigns a priority of P1:
I'm trying to create a Jira ticket with Jira integration, but inside issue creation rule I don't see all mandatory fields that exist for this Issue type, that means it can't really create the ticket,Is there a way to fix it?
@Adi Kuperman ,
If fields have been made required in Jira, they should show up on the Opsgenie side if they are correctly configured in Jira. In this example, I made a few fields required, including a custom field (test number field) which shows up in Opsgenie:
If this is not happening, I would recommend reaching out to Jira support to have them review your Jira configuration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.