I have installed Jira, created a project, created an email account on our mail server called "tickets" then linked the project to that email account. When I send an email to that address (tickets@mydomain.com) a ticket is raised.
So far, so good.
To set this up for further projects, following the instructions, it will be necessary to create a mail account for each project. I would like to avoid this if we can.
Our mail server allows as many aliases as we like for each email account. So project1@mydomain.com, project2@mydomain.com etc can all go straight to tickets@mydomain.com
Now the question is, can Jira be set up to use this? Can several projects in Jira all check the same email POP3 account but only pull out the emails addressed to them in that account? I just want each project to ignore emails not directed at them.
I woould like to do it this way to simplify the management of the email accounts, with there only being one to manage. I can also change the aliases at little notice if any of them end up being used for spamming us.
-- Jason